Just acquired a TC-01 - suggested software for exhibition?

General Discussion & Welcome Thread
Loccy

Just acquired a TC-01 - suggested software for exhibition?

Post by Loccy »

Hi all,

Recently acquired a TC-01 that will partner 49 other machines from the late 70s through to the early 90s at exhibitions I run out of a university - we exhibit them during open days, and do special events for local schools in retrogaming and retrocoding. We also do occasional open exhibitions for the public - I'll give you a nudge as/when the next one is taking place.

I've added a Gotek to my Albert, which is working nicely, but having pulled the entire software library I'm coming up short for software to leave running when the thing is being displayed. For the usual suspects I like to leave a seminal game running, e.g. Manic Miner on the Spectrum, Elite for the Beeb, etc.

Looking through the library for the Albert it seems as if most games are simply conversions from the Spectrum, and games that are original are... well... a bit rubbish - or at least this has been what I've got from my exploration of the library thus far!

Are there any original games titles that are unique to the Einstein and are good? I'm looking for something that will have instant appeal for a visitor - something they can instantly pick up and play, and ideally something that isn't already running on a Spectrum, Commodore, Atari or Amstrad a few machines down.
vanpeebles

Re: Just acquired a TC-01 - suggested software for exhibition?

Post by vanpeebles »

Welcome! Good question! I'll have a think :) Anyone else have any ideas?
Lardo Boffin

Post by Lardo Boffin »

Welcome! Chuckie Egg?
TC-01 + einSDein + TM-01 + TK-02 + gotek
retrogamer

Post by retrogamer »

Welcome! Can I suggest 'King's Valley'.

This platform game was originally released by Konami for MSX in 1985 and won't be running on an Amstrad or Spectrum nearby (although there is a later 2009 Spectrum port I believe!). The level one gameplay is not too tricky to pick up so visitors should be able to achieve a sense of accomplishment within a single session.
arcadesy

Post by arcadesy »

Welcome! At the Centre for Computing History we have an Einstein out for visitors to play and we have the Konami 4 game arcade disk in it that includes the aforementioned Kings Valley. They’re all MSX ports but they’re all good games and show the machine off with something that’s not a spectrum port.
--------------------------------
https://twitter.com/arcadesy
fatbob_gb

Post by fatbob_gb »

Has anyone managed to get Deadzone or Starbase working on a Gotek?
It looks as these could be the only Albert specific games that were written.